People often ask what I, an aesthetician, really do to take care of my skin. Honestly, I’ve always had difficult skin with numerous issues to address, so the easy answer is: I do a lot of things.
Long before I became an aesthetician, I struggled with acne and due to years of sunbathing on the beaches in Santa Cruz County, quite a bit of hyperpigmentation. Ugh. I tried going to a dermatologist for prescription acne fighters. I tried acne products from infomercials, drugstore acne products, and professional products. You name it, I tried it, with limited success. It really took a holistic approach that involved addressing my diet and stress management and getting the right products before I felt I was really making progress.
When I discovered Osmosis products a couple of years ago, I was excited. I’d discovered a product line with healthy ingredients that focuses on feeding the skin nutrients without the use of aggressive ingredients or treatments. With Osmosis I’ve found a way to have healthy, empowered skin that is healing itself. These are products that create true permanent change deep in the dermis instead of just treating the symptoms on the surface of the skin. It is a holistic inside-out approach. I’m hooked.
I like to change up my skincare routine periodically to keep my skin challenged. Presently, I am using the routine listed below.
Skincare routines, however, are customized for each of my clients.
1. Wash with Osmosis’ Cleanse, a gentle cleanser with a kiwi kumquat surfactant blend.
2. Spray with Osmosis’ Clear Plus, to aid in product penetration and rejuvenate the skin.
3. Apply Osmosis’ Stemfactor. Stemfactor improves all aspects of skin aging.
4. Apply Catalyst AC11, with Vitamin C and Osmosis’ patented zinc finger technology to activate DNA damage repair to address my pigment issues and stimulate collagen.
5. Moisturize with Osmosis’ Quench , to hydrate, plump, and smooth the barrier of the skin.
6. Apply Osmosis’ Refresh, eye cream.
7. Apply Suntegrity Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen and Primer, to protect from sun damage.
1. Wash with Osmosis’ Cleanse.
2. Spray with Osmosis’ Clear Plus.
3. Apply Osmosis’ Stemfactor.
4. Apply Osmosis’ Clarify. Clarify is a Vitamin A serum designed for oily or blemished skin. Vitamin A serums are powerful age reversing serums.
5. Moisturize with Osmosis’ Quench.
6. Apply Osmosis’ Refresh eye cream.
I get an Osmosis Facial Infusion and have a TeurotriS Microcurrent treatment.